- (A) Entrance, (B) Reception, (C) Duravit Shop, (D) Production, (E) Bathroom + Furniture, (F) Access to Toilet, (G) World of Architecture, (H) World of Duravit, (I) Barrier Free Restroom, (J) Nursing Room, (K) Conference Area*, (L) Lounge, (M) References, (N) Test baths, (O) Special exhibitions, event area *Not open to the public
With internationally acclaimed bathroom design, Duravit has made a major
contribution to turning the impersonal wet cell of days gone by into a
haven of well-being. The Duravit Design Center is also a place of
well-being. Inspired by Philippe Starck, the name behind several Duravit
bathroom classics, the Design Centre is the ideal place to organise your
seminars and professional workshops, try out our baths and visit our
exhibitions on the theme of „Living Bathrooms“. In a truly outstanding
atmosphere: The exhibition concept, developed in cooperation with the
Atelier Brückner, Stuttgart, received the prestigious iF communication
design award in 2006.
Level 0 - „Hall of Fame“
- But what actually is good design? All Duravit designers give answers and present their work.
The „Hall of Fame“ of bathroom design. Find out more about award-winning
bathroom ranges and their designers: EOOS, Norman Foster, Frank Huster,
Massimo Iosa Ghini, Michael Graves, James Irvine, Phoenix Design,
Jochen Schmiddem, Sieger Design and Philippe Starck.
Level 1 - „Production”
- The fascination of manufacture: the production process is illustrated in images, sound and examples.
From raw material to manufacturing. From Hornberg to China. How is a
washbasin made? How is a tall cabinet manufactured? What is important
when designing a whirl tub? An interesting tour of all Duravit
production sites worldwide.
Level 2 - „Bathroom + Furniture”
- From washbasin to vanity unit. From solo item to room concept. Discover the incredible diversity of Duravit sanitary ceramics and bathroom furniture.
From coffee service to bathroom design. From solo item to room concept.
From 1817 to the present day. Learn how a ceramics factory in the Black
Forest rose to become a corporate group of international standing. And
wrote a chapter of bathroom history in the process.
Level 3 - „Training”
- Here, planners, architects, specialists and all those with similar aspirations can literally immerse themselves.
From product training to bathroom planning. From technical drawings to
actual products. Learn more about the variety, functionality and aesthetics of the
Duravit product range. And enjoy the view over the Black Forest from
the top of the „mega toilet“.
Level 4 - „Wellness“
From test bathing to well-being from top to toe. Experience complete
(dream) bathrooms in an individual atmosphere, test our products and see
for yourself what we understand by “Living Bathrooms”.
Appointment to test a bathroom
that we can prepare for your visit and to ensure that your “dream”
bathroom is available, please contact us in advance to make an
appointment to test a bathroom.
Please bring swimwear with you when you come to test a bathroom. We will provide you with: A towel, bath towel, bathrobe, slippers, shampoo, shower gel, body lotion and a hair dryer.
Please contact us to make an appointment
Tel: +49 (0)7833 70 114
Monday to Friday: 08:00h - 18:00h
Saturday: 12:00h - 16:00h
Closed on Sun- and Holidays.
In the town that gave its name to the proverbial “Hornberger Schießen“,
located directly on the Black Forest Railway route, the Duravit Design
Center is waiting to be discovered. Of course you are welcome to visit
the exhibition during opening hours without making an appointment. We
look forward to seeing you!
Download route plan